Upcoming Reflexology Classes:
Acupoint Reflexology Level 1
The price for each class is $275.
Sign up at least 30 days before the class, use promo code: 50OFFREFLEX to receive a $50 discount off your total.
Participants will learn to locate, identify, assess and balance acupressure points (acupoints) on the feet and ankles. This course will introduce new techniques to bodyworkers and energy therapists while both beginning and experienced reflexologists will gain a broader understanding of the integral connection between acupoints and reflex points. This course addresses how to locate and identify acupoints, activate energy channels through the feet, and how to perform a deeply relaxing session combining reflexology, acupressure and energy balancing. More than 20 therapeutic protocols will be presented including those for headaches, insomnia, anxiety, menstrual pain and dysfunction, high blood pressure, jaw clenching, infertility, chronic lumbar pain, respiratory issues, kidney stones, depression and constipation. This course offers 14 ARCB and 14 NCBTMB continuing education units. No experience in reflexology or acupressure is necessary to attend!
- Introduce basic TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) principles of acupressure, qi, meridians, and five elements
- Locate and identify 34 major meridian acupressure points (acupoints) on the feet and ankles
- Locate and identify 10 extra non-channel acupoints on the feet
- Learn the physical and psycho-spiritual correspondences of each acupoint
- Identify the reflexes that overlap the acupoints and their common associations
- Identify acupoints used to revive consciousness, manage appetite, alleviate toothache, stop bleeding, and turn a breech baby
- Examine contraindications for acupoints and acupressure
- Discuss ways to integrate the systems of reflexology and acupressure
- Describe possible client reactions and sensations to acupoint stimulation
- Identify the most commonly used acupoints and their therapeutic value
- Learn basic principles of point selection
- Learn basic energy balancing principles and techniques
- Practice a reflexology relaxation sequence that opens energy gates
- Perform a 45-minute acupoint reflexology session that incorporates the Gate Opening sequence and key acupoints
Level I Student Case Studies
"A client has been seeing a Chiro, a massage therapist, and me for his foot pain (mostly sciatica) for about 3 weeks. Feels better and then gets worse again...I did the protocol for knee, hip and foot pain. Called me three days after session and the pain had not gotten worse...that is two days more without severe pain. Am seeing him tomorrow and he wants more of "that new stuff."
"Today my client had a very interesting experience while I worked on her acupoints. She is pre-diabetic so I used Ki2, Ki4 and Sp3 and toe hold. I noticed a change in her breathing as I continued the treatment. She shared this experience after the treatment was completed: It was an awake dream but it was so real. I was shackled to a dead person who I was dragging and trying to get away from. As I moved along, parts of the dead body were being left behind, until finally there was only a skeleton...."
"I worked on a client doing 45 min of reflexology combined with 25 min acupoint reflexology. I chose the following points in this session based on her complaints of a headache and neck pain: Gb40 ("for the unshakable calm"), Bl62, Bl64, Bl65, Bl67, for headache and neck pain symptoms. During the session she stated she felt energy running up and down her body, waves of almost cold, then warm sensations. After the session she said, 'you must have had an excellent class, that was amazing!!' That evening she sent me an email saying this: 'I feel very light and balanced, my neck is not hurting and my right arm can now move all the way across my chest and touch my left shoulder! I am also very calm and centered with a soft heart.'"
2255 Center Street, Ste. 102, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421
© 2012 A Better You LLC. All rights reserved.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 9am - 9pm
Friday-Saturday: 9am - 6pm
A Better You Continuing Education...
A Better You feels education is important, not only for professionals in our industry but also for our clients. Learning gives you knowledge and knowledge is freedom. Don't take our word for it...join us in education to create a better you.
Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Gandhi
- Class was very fluid. Lots of variety maintained interest. Variety of skills and techniques that can be used.
- I was extremely impressed with the instructor of this class. She was knowledgeable/effective in her presentation of this material.
- This inspired me even more to learn more about reflexology. The knowledge will greatly benefit my sessions of massage.
- Very clear and easy to understand presentation, even for non-body worker.
- Great job - well explained. I like that you had lots of hands on.instructions.
- This course presented exactly what I had hoped to learn about reflexology. Practicing the basics over and over was very helpful. The instructor has a comfortable, non-threatening approach to working with students.
Kristen Radden, MA, NBCR, RCR, CMT, is a Nationally Board Certified Reflexologist and graduate of the Baltimore School of Reflexology. Kristen is the reflexologist at A Better You Day Spa and an approved provider of continuing education for the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB) as well as the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB). She has been a teaching assistant with the Baltimore School of Reflexology (Baltimore division), adjunct faculty for the Community College of Baltimore County, and served as Interim President of the Maryland Reflexology Association.
Kristen Radden (451362-10) is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider